The ArduPilot Mega 2.6 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. This version is ready to use, with no assembly required. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
This revision of the board has no onboard compass, which is designed for vehicles (especially multicopters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. (On fixed wing aircraft it's often easier to mount APM far enough away from the motors and ESCs to avoid magnetic interference, so this is not as critical, but APM 2.6 gives more flexibility in that positioning and is a good choice for them, too). This is designed to be used with the 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass (see option below), so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted further from noise sources than APM itself.
Differences between APM 2.5 and 2.6?
APM2.5 and APM2.6 shipped with the same board. The only difference is that APM2.6 does not have an onboard compass sensor which is even better for multicopters. APM 2.5 has an onboard compass sensor and can still be used for multicopters, but it better suited to fixed wing aircraft. The factory told us that the PCB board is the same, the difference is which firmware they flash into the board. So if they flash it with APM2.5.2 firmware, then you can use the GPS Compass, if they flash it with APM2.6 firmware, then you can use an external compass (the one shipped with GPS 6H/6M).
- Arduino Compatible!
- Can be ordered with top entry pins for attaching connectors vertically, or as side entry pins to slide your connectors in to either end horizontally
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
- Optional off-board GPS, uBlox LEA-6H module with Compass.
- One of the first open source autopilot systems to use Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel's ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
- 3-Axis Gyro
- 3-Axis Accelerometer
- High Resolution Altimeter
- 5Hz GPS Module
- Dimension: Approx 70.5x45x13.5mm
- Weight: 31g
- 1 x APM 2.6 Flight Controller (White Color)
- No cable and connector are included with APM
- 1 x NEO-6M Ublox/u-blox GPS Module w/ Compass for MWC/APM - RCX08-138
** We are unable to provide private technical support for APM/GPS because the configuration is not easy (full features but not easy to use, sometime you need a soldering gun to work with). So please purchase APM/GPS only if you know how to configure. You are recommended to google and seek helps on forums. Thank you for your kind attention.
** The pins of the USB Connector soldered on the APM PCB are thin and weak. So you must be careful when you plug and unplug the USB (be gentle). We test all APM one by one manually with Mission Planner and make sure it is in good working condition (included USB) before sending out. So if you break the pins (push/pull too hard), you need to either solder the pins by yourself or send it back to us, we help you to solder the pins. No replacement or refund will be offered for the matter of USB.